- God never leaves us to fend for ourselves in difficult times. He promises to be with us in all that we face, and His whole heart encompasses our pain, surrounds us in peace, and gives us incredible hope and grace to keep pressing through. Debbie McDaniel
Romans 5:3-5 NIV
Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
- LOSS101 Tuesdays at 7 pm.
- RevFit Cardio/Strength –Mon. and Wed 6pm at Grace
- S.E.A.T. Wednesdays at 11:30 at Grace, Thursdays at 10:30 at Logan LunchPlus
- Stroke Support Group – Carolinas Rehabilitation-NorthEast 1st Monday of every month 2-3:30 pm 487 Lake Concord Road, Concord 1st floor Garden Café RSVP: 704-403-2430 or 0293
- Parkinson’s Support Group – Meets the 2nd Thursday of every month 2:30 – 4pm. Concord Senior Center
- Wellness Support Group – Meets 1st and 3rd Thursdays 1-3pm Concord Public Library
- The Bulb – Farmer’s Market – Thursdays at Forest Hill UMC 419 Kerr St at 4-5:30p and at Grace Lutheran Church on Fridays from 3-4p.m.
- Mobile Health Screenings – Friday, April 14, 3-4pm at Grace Lutheran Church
- Walking Group: Will start back up when warmer weather comes our way.
- Prayer conference call/online meeting Wednesdays at 3:15 pm - Dial-in number (US): (978) 990-5000 Access code: 631392#
- Managing Money: A Caregiver’s Guide to Finances – Workshop and Panel Discussion Around Aging & Finances – April 22 8:30am – 11:30am- Central United Methodist Church at 30 Union St. Concord If you or someone you know is facing Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or another chronic illness, it’s never too early to put financial plans in place. Join us to learn tips for managing someone else’s finances, how to prepare for future care costs and the benefits of early planning. Breakfast and workbooks will be provided and there will be a panel discussion with Q & A and vendor information.
- Prayers for Peace in Ukraine March 26, 2023 6pm Join us the last Sunday in March for an informal, community service of prayer for Ukraine The Commons Prayer Room located at 75 Church St. NE Concord (Church St. side of First Presbyterian) Parking available in lot across street off of Creswell Dr. Psalm 31:2 Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.
Atrium Health can help
If you are seeking care for cough, cold, flu, fever or other respiratory symptoms start an eVisit or Virtual Visit online. For help call 704-512-5700 or visit https://atriumhealth.org/medical-services/get-care-now
Your Care, Your Choice
If you have questions regarding living wills, healthcare power of attorney, MOST forms, please contact Nurse Hoover. She will be happy to meet with you as a family or on an individual basis.
Need a little help? Find community resources quickly and easily. Visit www.atriumhealthcommunityresourcehub.org
Looking to stop smoking? Local free resources available – call 1-844-375-9355. Atrium Health.
Dental Clinics offering discounts or assistance:
Cabarrus Health Alliance - Dental Appointment Line: 704-920-1070
Logan Family Medicine : 704 792-2313 | 704 792-2313 https://www.crchc.org/map
Looking for reliable up-to-date information on the Coronavirus
North Carolina Coronavirus Helpline – 866-462-3821(Poison Control).
Atrium Health: www.Atriumhealth.org/Coronavirus
Cabarrus Health Alliance www.cabarrushealth.org;
Centers for Disease Control www.cdc.gov/coronavirus;
NC Dept. of Health and Human Services www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina;
World Health Organization www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Healthy Living Club
Healthy Living Club
The Healthy Living Club is a group of people who are working together to live a healthier life. Come try new exercises, discuss health goals, receive some health education, support each other and have fun! We meet on the following dates:
RevFit - Tabata Strength/Drumstick Cardio
Mondays and Wednesdays - 6 pm
At Grace Lutheran Church
Supported Exercise for Ageless Training
Wednesdays 11:30 am
At Grace Lutheran Church
Resources - just click on the name to go to their website:
Faith Community Nurse
Our health ministry has a faith community nurse who is available to use as a health resource. She not only works with the health ministry team for exercise and education programs, she is available for 1:1 visits, blood pressure checks, assistance in finding resources, help with navigating the healthcare system, spiritual support, medication reviews, referrals and much more. Please reach out to her with your questions or concerns, if she can't answer them, she has a great support network at Atrium Health and beyond that will help her help you.
Rebecca Hoover, RN can be contacted by phone or text at 980-721-4321 or via email Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact One Blood to find a donation Site